Pages

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Croatia Day 7: Pula

Since Ivana had cleared her schedule for the whole day and we were missing the tour to Pula, she offered to take us. She really is an amazing person!

She showed us a Roman arena, similar to The Coliseum in Rome. We took her to lunch as a thank you, where she and David shared some octopus and I ate some truffle pasta. I think Truffles are just not my thing, too earthy and rich for me, but maybe they're similar to coffee and wine - an acquired taste.

Either way, thank you Ivana for a wonderful day and a new friendship! I really really like her!








Half of the octopus dish


Off to Slovenia nice and early tomorrow (7:30 AM). I now feel more complete and my heart is fuller. Hopefully I can sleep better tonight.

Gratitude List:

1. Family
2. Ivana - so sweet and very nice to take her entire day to show us around in her car
3. The ability to see the village my paternal side originates and that connection I felt while there.

No comments: