Got back ~930 PM. It was GREAT! We met the family and learned how olive oil was made the ancient way (by horse and manual labor), tasted some amazing tomatoes from the garden (and; olives), drank homemade grappa, ate freshly barbecued meat, and homemade crème caramel.
We sat with people from the other bus, which was refreshing. We discussed jobs, 9/11 (one guy was THERE), IT, millennials, etc. Typical dinner talk.
David made a new friend, a mačka (mAh-tch-kAH). He sat between us. Cute!
Pero told the other tour guide, Sandra, that I am Croatian. I found out from her that I'm a Mrkopalka (someone from Mrkopalj), and that my name is not pronounced Star-kOH-vitch, but Star-tcheh-vich. I already knew the spelling, but I didn't realize that's how you said it. My family has always told me the spelling was changed so people could pronounce it properly.
Mostar, Bosnia tomorrow!
Gratitude List
- Being fit enough to climb the walls of Dubrovnik without being too tired.
- My camera bag (sling back, lots of pockets, a place for my water body) for keeping me organized and comfortable.
- A chance to meet the locals and discover their way of life.





No comments:
Post a Comment