What a week for my first 5 days in Seattle!! Although it has nothing to do with Seattle...
KITTY:
Ok, I haven't gotten any sleep because my kitty keeps jumping on me at night. He's mad at me for moving him, so he jump on me right when I'm about to fall asleep. He's been running all over the room at night, flings his litter everywhere. At 3 am Wed, he jumped on my chest hissed at me and ran under the bed. He's also been mewing at all hours. grr
APARTMENT IN SEATTLE:
My apt is still not ready, probably won't be until tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm sick of living in a hotel and worrying about my full car. I haven't unpacked it yet.
APARTMENT IN TEXAS:
So my rental company calls me and says, "We haven't received your rent payment for June, yet."
And I'm like "What? I already moved out and left you the keys."
landlord: "I didn't receive your 30 day notice."
me: "I gave you a 60 day notice typed which you called me about a few days later."
landlord: "Well, I didn't receive it, or your keys."
me: "I'm sorry if you lost it, but I spoke to Jessica in the office about it. I dropped the keys in the drop box last week."
landlord: Since we didn't receive your 30 day notice, you have to fill out a TAA form with your move out date being July 6th. And you have to pay the penalty and the rent until we find someone to rent it.
I'm trying to figure out what to do now. My rent is up in July, so should I just pay until July and be done with it?? BUT, I've had mold in my apt that they haven't fixed (which I notified them in Dec). Now they're saying they didn't know about any mold...when they're the ones who sent me the estimate and wanted me to pay for it. And I"m not going to get my deposit back because of it...
See, I told you...DRAMA
1 comment:
did you have them sign the 60 day notice and keep a copy of it? That is what peter and i have done in the past so we have proof when someone trys to pull crap on you like that.
Post a Comment