Debbie, a PTA (physical therapy assistant) I work with goes to weight watchers and invited me to go with her and her partner on Thursdays. We had fun and went to Subway after...ha ha...hey, it's healthy, right? We're going to make a weekly event out of it.
Yesterday, Sally (the other OT) showed me around town, mostly West Seattle (which is absolutely gorgeous...and has a beach). We ate at a Mexican restaurant (pretty good, surprisingly) and walked on the beach. She also showed me around downtown Seattle a little more and helped me shop for a "northwest jacket." I bought one that is wind resistant and water resistant...since it's been in the 50s here...in JUNE!!
So Sally was telling me about a roller derby fund raiser with live bands and Jello wrestling. My friend Candice (we went to OT school together) and I were supposed to hang out. I called to see if she wanted to go with me...she thought it sounded interesting. I headed to Tacoma where we ate dinner by the lake and then we went to the Jello wrestling. I couldn't find Sally there..but there was someone else I knew!! Erin, who just started as a tech on Friday, is one of the roller derby girls. SHUT UP!!
I told her I wanted to go to one of their games and I scored some tickets to the derby next Sat. Poor Candice said she was traumatized by the Jello adventure...LOL. I really had a lot of fun
Candice and Me
TODAY: I met some people on meetup.com who are traveling nurses. We're going to explore Pike's Peak Market today at 1. I'm also supposed to go to a bowling graduation party or something at 4...and was also invited to a concert later tonight...
WHEW!!
No comments:
Post a Comment