Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Portland was not nice to us

Went to Portland with Candice for a class: Biomechanics of the Hand. It's for continuing ed to keep up our licenses...yay. It was actually the best part of the weekend believe it or not.

Ok, so background info: I've been really wanting Chili's and Noodles (& Company). Candice is addicted to TCBY. These places are pretty scarce in the great state of Washington, but abundant near Portland (apparantly).

Thursday, we get to Portland and decide to immediately find a Chili's for dinner. I plug it into NAVIGATOR (I always say it really loud in a gangsta like voice when I use it). We follow the directions, which is about 20 min out of our way. Hmm...NO CHILI's. The sign is there, but it's closed. GRR.

Friday, after class, we try to find Noodles for dinner. Plug into NAVIGATOR - It takes us to some other Noodles place. *sigh* We go downtown cuz I KNOW there is one there since went to it last time. Found it and then afterwards decide to go to TCBY. NAVIGATOR again lead us in the wrong direction. No TCBY. We are just frustrated and tired and want some freakin ice cream. On the way back from getting some treats at a gas station, guess what we encounter!! TCBY - shut yo mouf!! (that's my latest phrase)

We didn't eat there because we were so frustrated. BUT we DID go Saturday after class was over. Mmm. We contemplated staying another night, but Portland did not do us good (or maybe it was Navigator)....so we left. HMMPH!! Not after we went shopping a little, of course. NO SALES TAX in Oregon...can't pass that up, come on!!

No comments: