Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

Now they want to keep me as originally planned

My supervisor tells me today at lunch that they'd (aka management) would like me to stay to my original end date (and beyond as a permanent staff). I asked what changed their minds. She told me the lady who took the permanent position has to have surgery and won't be able to start until later. They need me to stay and she really hopes I do stay. She also said that they'd like to have me on permanent even if for only a year or until Ryan leaves for training or whatever.

Hmm. My recruiter called me and I told her I would need their offer in writing. I thought about asking for more money if they really "need" me so badly, but I'm not that kind of person, so I let it go. Well, later that day, I get this email about how they(management) regret their decision to terminate my contract early, all the patients really like me and are satisfied with their treatment, I'm a great asset to the company, etc etc. They also stated if they do happen to find someone to take the position earlier, they would not terminate my contract early again.

I kinda like the little brown nosing...ha ha ha. :) In fact, before I was going to extend my contract, (management) told my recruiter all these nice things about me. I think that's why I was so shocked they terminated early. AND I'm not sure why they'd think I'd take a permanent position after their little business decision. So, I'm (only) staying until Dec 12th.

No comments: