My Flooding Adventure
Tuesday, I was cleaning my apt and had just started a load of laundry. I poured some bleach in the tub and turned on the water for it to soak. I then went to the kitchen to clean up and fix some lunch. A little bit later the lady below me started knocking on the door all crazy asking me if I was ok.
I'm like "yeah...why??"
And she told me water was coming from the ceiling into her bathroom. She thought maybe I had fallen asleep in the tub. Then I was like OH NO!! So I went in the bathroom and it was flooded!! I shut off the water, threw some towels on. She had already contacted management so I went outside to wait for them to show. The guy from the 1st floor comes out all confused. He's looking around everywhere and I'm like OH NO!! It went all the way to the 1st floor!!
The fire alarms started going off because they shorted...and the heat lamps in the bathroom have to be replaced. OOPS!!
Plus, the next day I didn't have any towels since I used them to soak up some of the water. I put them in the drier but forgot to turn it on. So, I had to use a dish towel to dry off!!
Decisions: to stay or not to stay
The clinic I'm at right now asked me to extend my contract until December. I really like it here, everyone is really nice. My patients want me to stay, my co-workers want me to stay; even the friends I've met here want me to stay.
There are a few problems though:
1. The whole point in traveling is to travel, right?
2. Seattle is known for cloudy, gray skies in the fall/winter with little sun
3. I want a fall and some snow - Colorado!! But, I'm having a hard time finding a job there. Everything is rural and in the middle of nowhere.
4. My apt is ghetto fabulous here and they might ask me to leave since I flooded 3 apts.
My contract is up in 3 weeks and I have pressure from all sides right now. I want to wait for Colorado to see if something comes up, but at the same time, I don't want to lose where I'm at right now. They're starting to look for someone to replace me.
No comments:
Post a Comment