As you know, I went to Portland this weekend. Well, when I went home, I wasn't greeted by my kitty as usual. He's always waiting there for me. But, he hides a lot and then waits to attack me as I walk by. So I wasn't too worried, except that I saw he still had a full bowl of food and water. And I was gone for a night. I looked for him for about 5 or 6 hours but I just could not find him!! I couldn't sleep last night as I kept waking up trying to find him.
Well, I finally found him today behind the water heater. It's in a corner of the closet in his room and he fell in the corner of it and broke his neck. He landed on his neck. I'm pretty sure it was immediate, at least I like to think it is. It just breaks my heart I wasn't home. My poor baby, he was only 18 months old!!
It's hard when I walked through the door later this evening, kitty wasn't waiting there for me. He didn't meow and sit on my lap for me to pet him for ever while I watched the Olympics. He won't be there to jump on me at 6 am and insist I get up, even though my alarm doesn't go off for another 1/2 hour. He won't sit in my window and hog the breeze at night purring. I will greatly miss him. It was just me and kitty, ya know?
So here's an ODE TO TANGO, my beloved kitty
2 comments:
Monica,
I'm so sorry about your kitty! I know I would be heartbroken if anything happened to one of the boys. Judging by the pictures, it looks like he had quite a personality. I'm sure he'll be missed : (
oh my goodness! That is so terrible, he was such a pretty kitty!
Post a Comment