Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The rental...

My housing coordinator provides me with a number for the summer rental agency.  I meet them at the gas station and they take me over to the house.  She stated they were holding it for me until that day.

I call and they meet me at a gas station and take me to the house.  The first floor was, in fact, NOT being held for me and was already rented out.  That floor has 2 bedrooms and a shower.  They say the 2nd floor is all mine. 

It's a gorgeous house, Cape Cod style.  The 2nd floor has 4 "bedrooms," two officially bedrooms, one the living room, and one the office.  There's 1 bathroom with an old fashioned claw tub and NO SHOWER.  There is also one mirror in the bathroom (medicine cabinet style) that I have to go on my tip toes to use.

I express some dissatisfaction, so they take me to the other rental.  It's a cabin overlooking the water with no closet space.  Much more cozy than the huge 2nd floor of the house.  However....it has no cable, internet, or washer/dryer.

I choose the 2nd floor of the house because, as a traveler, I HAVE to have the internet.  Plus, being in such a small town, I really do need some TV.  I'm also spoiled because I HATE going to the laundromat.


The Claw tub instead of shower


The short hose that won't allow me to shower standing up

My only mirror




No comments: