Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

My neighbor is AWESOME!!

So, the good thing about all of this is that the people here are sooo nice.

Pam, my rental agent, took me on a 2 hour tour of the area: the beaches, the grocery store, Tim's sausage, the churches. For a small town, they have a LOT of churches, but I think that's a good thing.

Shannon, my downstairs neighbor, brought me some leftover shake-n-bake with garlic noodles.  She had just made them and had one left.  OMG...I haven't had shake-n-bake for at LEAST a decade.  YUM!!  I then brought her some of my fave Trader Joe cookies and she made me a rum and V8 splash.

Yesterday, she had a "housewarming" BBQ.  I joined her and met some of the locals.  They were really nice and very welcoming.  We also played a drinking game...lol.  I haven't done that since college.  I guess that's normal for a small town, but it was a lot of fun!!

Shannon just got back from a tour in Iraq and Afghanistan, so she's really excited about being close to friends and family again. :)

Plus, she said she'd be willing to trade a shower or two with a bath.  Ha ha :)

No comments: