Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Trip to Seaside, OR


Debbie and Monica own a timeshare and reserved a few days in Seaside, OR. They invited Lizzie and Keven and then me to join them for the weekend. Although the weather didn't quite agree with us, we had a great time. Candice accompanied me to Pike Place Market so I could get some fresh produce to bring to Seaside. I bought some stuf to make fresh guacamole and some fruit sticks (thanks Naomi for the intro - I get them everytime I go).


I packed up my cooler and met up with everybody (they decided to leave at 5:30am and I left around 1). We went to the grocery store to pick up some hamburger stuff, chips and ingredients for my awesome WW friendly cheesecake (actually it's my mom's). Then, we walked along the beach, took some pics and then grilled out. We also had S'mores.




The Timeshare



Me and Monica



Me and Lizzie




Kevin, Lizzie, Monica and Debbie
I thought it was a cool pic

Debbie, Liz, Me and Kevin

courtesy of Monica :)

Today, we went for a little side trip to Ecola State Park (which had a viewpoint for the lighthouse), Indian Beach where Monica and Kevin took of their shoes to test the water and it was freezing!! Then, we drove to Cannon Beach, viewed Haystack (a ginormous rock), and ate some lunch at the same place Ryan and I did when we drove down the coast for his bday.






Ecola State Park










a chipmunk


Indian Beach








Surfers when it's 40 out!!


Haystack Rock on Cannon Beach


Chocolate covered twinkies!!

Monica and I played a game of ping pong at the hotel. She's very good at strategy and I'm thinking maybe we should play more often...hmm...

My friend Heidi invited me to take belly dancing lessons with her in May at the community college. I'm definitely considering it and am excited about jingling...but I'm nervous. I will probably do it anyway, just for fun :) Maybe I'll be in the Solstice Parade...ha ha ha ha (crossing fingers that I don't)

3 comments:

yvettem51 said...

I don't know how to comment on individual pictures, but the one of the four people walking on the beach, where you can actually see their reflections in the sand/water is and AWESOME picture. Award-winning!

And, we have to go there because I want a chocolate-covered twinkie! Mmmmm.....

Unknown said...

We should totally go sometime. Let me know when you have a weekend off :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Monica, I'm so sorry I haven't responded to any of the messages you have sent me. You are in my thoughts:). I love the pics, and I really like the one with the chocolate covered twinkies. If by chance that place is close to you, see if they do shipping lol. You look fantastic, even more beautiful now then you did when you were back here. I'm going to go on a limb and say its probley because you are happy now. Well tell ryan to keep doing what ever he is doing to put that smile on your face. Well Ronata, Donald, and I miss you very much and are over joyed with your "New Found Life" You kno what we mean lol. Siged, EDDIE