Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Moving, Spring Fair, Softball and Ikea

I took the permanent position and moved this weekend into my new apt. I have been moving a few boxes every night, but this was the final event. The apt is ok but I do have to say the floor is not level.. Things honestly roll to one side of the apt. My fan falls to one side all the time. I keep adjusting it, but it keeps leaning...it's funny.

For a moving break on Saturday, I went with Candice to the spring fair to see Ciscoe (a famous gardener in this area who has a tv show on the NBC channel). He was taping his Gardening with Ciscoe show at the fair and Candice is OBSESSED with him. She is so funny. We also went to the fair because she has a love affair with cotton candy. It was fun.


Sunday, for a break i went to Cafe Flora, a vegetarian restaurant, with Debbie and Monica. It was delicious!! I had french toast made with brioche with a coconut mango sauce. YUM. Our friend Jim called us and invited us to his softball game. I have to tell you about the name of the team, Muffin Tops. This is a gay softball league and they call themselves "bears" in that they are XL sized men. Anyway, I moved as fast as I could so I could make it to the game. It was really funny. They don't want to get dirty and are afraid of the ball. So cute!! They also had little cheers like "There's a muffin in the oven!!" and "Go muffin batter!!" Too bad they played lesbians, cuz they were beat pretty badly (by 15 points....eek).

Afterwards, the MDs accompanied me to IKEA, where my friend Chris saw me. That was def a suprise. I had to get some cheap houseware things, ya know....

No comments: