I talked to the money guy today. I explained to him that I was upset and felt pressured by the contract. I told him it didn't have some of the things we verbally agreed upon and I wanted the contract changed. He said that what we agreed upon was in writing and that was that.
I then stated that I didn't like feeling manipulated and I'm not playing any games. He said, "I'm not playing games with you." So again, I asked for what we verbally agreed upon that wasn't in the written contract. He stated that we talked about a lot of things, but that didnt' necessarily mean we agreed on them.
I told him that I SPECIFICALLY remember telling him that it was going to cost me this amt of money JUST to take the job (1st month's rent, deposit, furniture, etc....) and he said that they would reimburse me for it. That was one of the MAIN reasons I decided to take the job, it was basically going to be free for me to switch jobs. But the contract says it's a relocation bonus and the IRS says rent, utilities, etc isn't under relocation. So, he told me they weren't going to reimburse me.
So, I KNOW we agreed on that and it wasn't in the contract. He started laughing and making some other excuse. AGAIN, I said I wanted what we verbally agreed on in the contract. AGAIN, he made some excuse and AGAIN, I said the exact same thing
This went on for about 10 - 15 minutes before he finally said he would write an addendum to the contract...*sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment