Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Candice's Visit!!

Candice came to visit!! YAY!!  We met in Boston, though.  Plane tix are WAY cheaper (like by 200-300 $$). 

We pretty much toured Boston in a day (Sat): Quincy Market, Fanueil Hall, Boston Commons, Cheers, and the North End...all before lunch!!  After lunch, we headed to Cambridge via "T" to walk around Harvard.  

We got back about 4 pm and my feet were killing me!!  I wore flippy floppies because I thought we were going to take the train. Oh well, I'm ok now.  

Back to the story: We rested at the hotel for a few hours via a glass of wine., walked to the North End for dinner, and found a cute little Italian Restaurant to eat at.  There was a huge jug of red sangria with a huge jug of a white liquid filled with pineapples at the bar where we were awaiting our table.  I told Candice, "LOOK!! it's white sangria!!" 

It was delicious, but REALLY strong.  Next thing we knew, we were giggling and couldn't walk straight
Once seated at the table, the waiter asked us if we wanted a wine to complement our entree's.  I said, "I'm not sure we should have wine.  We had that white sangria and it was STRONG!! We are under the table."  
He said (in a very Bostonian accent) "Honey, that's not sangria! That's straight up vodka with pineapples."
"Oh, no wonder it was $12!"

While eating dinner, we made a few observations about who might be in the Mafia.  One of the candidates stood up and walked around with a limp.  It was a pretty crazy night!!  

The next day, we just relaxed, walked around the neighborhood, and shopped.

No comments: