Friday
Here in Maine, they often say, "I'm going to camp this weekend." At first, I thought there was some summer camp nearby for adults. I asked someone, "What camp are you going to?" only to receive an odd look in return. My co-worker and friend, Ashley, told me that most people have cabins on the lake that they call "camp." They often don't have indoor plumbing or electricity. It's an alternative to a tent basically. She invited me to come to camp with her Friday.
It was a cute little cabin with a toilet (installed 2 years ago) and shower (installed this year). There was still an outhouse in the back. We went kayaking until it started pouring!! We ran inside until about an hour later when I remembered my tennis shoes were still outside. HA HA HA
Her family was a lot of fun and we played Shanghai Rummy.
Saturday
Suzanne is the mother of my downstairs neighbor, Shannon. Shannon just recently made the rank of Chief in the Navy and is incredibly busy, especially on the weekends. I asked Suzanne to accompany me to the Fair since she would be home alone. She agreed. We had a lot of fun and I even introduced her to fried Oreos...YUM!! I was scolded at work for not trying dough boys (aka elephant ears). Oh well....
| Suzanne |
| See the alpaca finger puppet - cute!! |
| Silliness |
Sunday
I'm not sure if you're aware, but Maine is known for their wild blueberries. They grow all over the place and require "raking" vs picking. They use a pretty hefty rake.
No comments:
Post a Comment