Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Weekend in Quebec City

I asked my house mate Shannon and her friend Lori to accompany me to Quebec City (6-7 hrs away).  I left work a little early Friday so we would arrive before midnight. They primarily speak French, but most people also speak English.  I took French for 4 years and thought I could make do speaking French.  I didn't take it into consideration that my last french lesson was over 10 years ago... At least I could read the menu and the signs :)

Quebec from the ferry

 
Bed

Bathroom in the hotel (love it)!

Saturday: We took the ferry from Levis to Quebec, ate at a quaint little cafe for breakfast (dejeuner) and coffee, or in my case hot chocolate (chocolat chaud).  Delicioux!!

 Hot chocolate, Chocolate Croissants, Coffee, Raspberry Tart
(We shared)



Chateau Frontenac

City Streets (before the rush)

City Streets again

Being goofy

Having a little drink  Shannon, Me, Lori

An interesting Quebecois

View from the wall

Walking along the wall that once enclosed Quebec City


Me in an archway, on the wall

1 comment:

Tara said...

You look so cute & sassy in that last pic Mon! Looks like you are having a wonderful time up there :)