Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Sandy River Beach

A ton of my patients at the nursing home keep telling me about Sandy River Beach in Jonesport.  They said it was absolutely gorgeous and that I should try to find it.  The problem?  Everyone's directions were so vague.  

Patient (pt): "You remember where such and such was?"
Me: "No, I've only lived here a few months."
Pt: "Oh, well at Mr so and so's house, across the street, 2 houses down....."

A different pt: "You know where Mr so and so lives? It's across the street."

Yet another pt, "Right over the medium hill, take a right."
Me: "Which hill."
Pt: "Not the big hill, the medium hill."  The road is very hilly, btw
Me: "Coming from the nursing home or towards?"
Pt: "Oh, I dunno dear."

Pointless.  I have noticed a street entitled "Sandy River Beach Road" that I drive by on the way home. Today after work, I thought I'd try to find  this beach.  I turn onto Sandy River Beach Road to only end up at someone's house with them all sitting on the porch staring at me.  I know I'm in the general area because I can see it through the trees.  I then went down each street nearby to try and find a way to get there.

Finally, I gave up, parked on the side of the road, and walked through someone's yard.  Maybe it was Mr so and so's yard.  I found the beach, but it was low tide. LOL  What a day!! 

Sandy River Beach


You can see Bar Island ??
 
YOU WOULD THINK SANDY RIVER BEACH WOULD BE OFF OF SANDY RIVER BEACH ROAD!!

Something I've learned today about Mainers, they often say "You can't get there from here." But it sounds more like "Daw-lin, ya can't get theh from heya."

No comments: