Last Wednesday, I FINALLY received my license...YAY!! I started the very next day. Actually, I was "preparing" vacation rentals in the area which basically means housecleaning. I needed some $$ and they offered it to me on a temporary basis until I received my license.
Work is kinda crazy right now. I'm actually traveling to two places. 20 hours in a nursing home and 20 hours at a hospital/outpatient. The hospital hasn't had an OT in a year or more. All the OT stuff was scattered throughout the whole clinic - some in one room here, some in another room there, splint pan in this room, splint supplies in the gym area. Today, we sorted it out and tried to confine everything to one area.
At the nursing home, it's tough. I've never worked in this setting and since it's been so long since they've had an OT, they're asking me about my role. Of course, I have an idea, but I don't know all the specifics and it's going to take some time to figure it out.
"Congregational Church"
Machias is where the first battle against the British occured.
The people were in this church and saw them coming up the river.
It's also where my WW meeting is held.
On a more positive note, I received my first paycheck in a month today...WOO HOO!! Last night I had a whopping 72 cents in my bank account. Needless to say, I'm much happier and my stress level has decreased somewhat.
I'm hoping to complete a 5K tomorrow, but we're supposed to have a torential downpour. We'll see if I make it :)

No comments:
Post a Comment