Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mom Visit!! Day 6: Seattle to Victoria, BC

We took the Clipper to Victoria this time, which was a lot like an airplane and because they sell liquor and other duty free items, we had to pass through customs like 4 times (I think). But with the ferry Ryan and I took we only passed through twice. So, I dunno. We went to lunch at Paradiso *yum yum* and then headed to Whale Watching. We didn't take the Zodiak boat, but I'm glad, we seemed to be able to see a lot more higher up.

Then, we checked in the hotel and tried to get a ride to the Butchart Gardens, but the shuttles are sparse after labor day and we didn't want to take a 4 hour tour. So, we walked around downtown a little bit and explored.


Me and Mom on the boat


Here's someone's hair so you can see how close they were :)



Taking some air

He's coming straight towards the boat

Closer, closer....

Went under the boat and here he is on the other side
hair as a reference again...lol

Seals and Sea lions

Race Rocks Nature Preserves


There were about 20 whales in this fishing group


There were people on the boat from Spain
and they were wearing these awesome
shoes...thought I'd take a pic ;)

Our whale watching tour was soo much more awesome than the one Ryan and I did. All 88 whales were there. We saw breaching and back rolling and all kinds of stuff. SO AWESOME.

Here's a link to professional pictures actually taken on our trip :) You can see the breaching and rolling and tail slapping. MUCH better pics than mine if you wanna check 'em out...

No comments: