Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mom Visit!! Day 5: SHOPPING!!

Me and mom went shopping at the outlets today north of Seattle. I spent WAY too much money, but we still had fun. I bought some much needed cold weather clothes since I'm staying here in Seattle until Dec.

Then, we went to WW where she met my WW pals Debbie, Monica, Jim and Jeff!! Our leader actually started a grass roots effort that has no gone national!! She's famous now...lol. A few years ago, she started asking members to collect canned goods for amt of weight lost each week. For example, if you lose 1 lb you go to the store and buy something that weights 1 lb. Then, you build a "shrine" in a location where you see it often: in front of the tv, in the kitchen, on the dinner table, etc. It reminds you how much you've lost. Then, at the end of the "campagne" you bring it to your meeting and they donate it to local food banks.

Last year, the CEO of WW got "air" of her fall campagne and decided to ask meetings nationwide to participate. Debbie Hugo (our leader) has been in the WW magazine a few times I've heard and now some of her ideas are national. Pretty sweet!!

After our meeting, we went to Zao, a noodle bar, for dinner...YAY!!

No comments: