Tacoma Area
Me, Elaine (cousin), Emerald, Malachite, NeverjenIt was funny because when we met we talked of normal things you speak of when first meeting of course, but we all have had our gall bladders removed by the time we were 21 (Never, Elaine and I). Never and I are very crafty and like to bake (new hobby). Never is incredibly sweet and unselfish. We all have weak enamel in our teeth and are very clumsy. It's funny how alike we are. Elaine and Never are my first cousins. They were in Tacoma the whole time I was living in Seattle. They were 15 min away for a year and a half. I just can't believe it.
When we arrived in Sacramento, Paul was just getting out of the hospital for heart problems. Despite this, he was incredibly nice and has a kind heart. He is also HILARIOUS!! He was doing "laps" with his newly acquired walker in the living room. He said, "I gotta get this thing running." or something to that effect. You could see the walker "tracks" in the carpet. :) He reminds me of my dad in his sense of humor and great heart.
His wife, Helen is as sweet as sugar!! I don't think I've met anyone so sweet before. I just wanted to hug her a lot. Art and Karen laughed at my corny jokes, which is always a plus. Apparently, that runs in the family (corniness). Abby and Fred are pretty neat as well. They seem to be in a lot of activities and are very bright.
Albuquerque-ish:
His wife, Helen is as sweet as sugar!! I don't think I've met anyone so sweet before. I just wanted to hug her a lot. Art and Karen laughed at my corny jokes, which is always a plus. Apparently, that runs in the family (corniness). Abby and Fred are pretty neat as well. They seem to be in a lot of activities and are very bright.
Albuquerque-ish:
When I asked if I could take this picture, he asked me "Why?" LOL He's ornery, but I like him. He reminds me of my dad in his straightforwardness. He's also an AMAZING artist. Like Museum quality. I was in awe gazing at his paintings. I told him I've tried to paint with acrylics (such as he uses), but I can't get it to mix and blend the way I want. I just prefer oils. He told me blatantly, "Well, you need more practice." :) CUTE!!
Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of Ellen (his lovely wife), Carla (dtr) or Jim (Carla's husband) whom I also met. Ellen told me that my dad was her favorite. She cracked me up, I really liked her. Carla told me a lot of stories about everyone, I learned a lot from her.
I really hope to keep in contact with everyone and will try to keep the doors of communication open. I feel bad that Never couldn't join us, but we're hoping to visit together maybe in March??? Hopefully my sister will want to meet everyone as well.
Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of Ellen (his lovely wife), Carla (dtr) or Jim (Carla's husband) whom I also met. Ellen told me that my dad was her favorite. She cracked me up, I really liked her. Carla told me a lot of stories about everyone, I learned a lot from her.
I really hope to keep in contact with everyone and will try to keep the doors of communication open. I feel bad that Never couldn't join us, but we're hoping to visit together maybe in March??? Hopefully my sister will want to meet everyone as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment