Wow, I can't believe it's been 2 months since I last posted. As you can see from the title, I've moved from my beloved Seattle back to TX. I just really missed my family and friends. I feel like I'm missing out on everybody's life and it's sad. Plus, Ryan is doing training blah blah for OCS in Georgia.
I have very exciting news!! I met part of my dad's side of the family. WAIT!! You don't know yet, do you??? So Oct 4th I went to Croatia Fest with Capt Candy (who is now in El Paso). Anyway, we went to the geneology presentation and I was inspired to find my paternal side of the family (the Croatian part).
The only person I remember meeting up until now is my dad...and only my dad. I did some research on ancestry.com and also found my Uncle Tom's phone number in the white pages. I talked to him about an hour or more and he gave me a lot of details about the family. Then, I could do a little more research.
I also went on Facebook and found cousins who live in TACOMA!! Shut Up!! I have been living in Seattle for a year and a half and had cousins here the whole time. I could not believe it. Anyway, we ended up meeting one day for dinner and I found out a lot about my uncle Gary (their dad) and not such good things. On facebook, I also found a few 2nd cousins who got me in contact with my Great Uncle Bill and Paul. I called them as well and chatted for a while...a long while.
Since I was driving back to TX and Paul lives in the Sacramento area and Bill lives near Albuquerque, I decided to pay them a visit along the way. I felt bad because my Uncle Tom lives in San Diego and I just couldn't travel all the way down there to meet him. Sorry Uncle Tom!!
I'll post with some pictures. VERY EXCITING!! I had a great time. I'll also post some pictures of the trip and the new family.
I think I brought Seattle with me to San Antonio, though. I've been here two weeks with only one day of sunshine. What's the deal??? Well, I'll write more later...promise!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment