Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

PEI for the weekend

I'm not sure if I have introduced Ashley officially.  I did go to her camp and went kayaking for the first time about a month ago or so.  She's a PT (Physical Therapist) I work with and we hit it off pretty fast.  She started working there maybe after I'd been there about 6 weeks. She's the one trying to teach me how to be a  Mainer by teaching me new "words" and such.  Really, all she does is take a noun and make it a verb by adding "ing."  Mainers like doing that.

Back to the subject, she's never been to Prince Edward Island, the setting for her favorite childhood book, Anne of Green Gables.  I wanted to go to see the red sand beaches and gorgeous scenery.  Plus, I love shopping in Canada because it's very European without going to Europe, obviously.

In front of Anne of Green Gables Visitor Center
Ashley in front of Green Gables


Lover's Lane






Red Sand Beaches





It was quite a trip, though...murphy style of course:

1) She's running late, so I was waiting for her at her house for a little bit. 

2) I forgot my passport, so we had to drive the 30 minutes (out of the way) to retrieve it.  We ended up leaving about 2 hours after we had planned. 

3) My debit card has been acting up lately, so I went to an ATM at the USA/CA border to obtain some cash.  The ATM said the card wasn't authorized to be used (or something of that sort) and refused to spit the card back at me.

4) Ashley forgot pants, pajamas, and  camera.  She didn't notice the Old Navy we passed located right by the hotel :)

5) We almost ran out of gas. I didn't realize how disperse this part of Canada was.  We had to turn around several times.

6) Ashley thought she lost her debit card so we looked for it about an hour before she realized she left it in her car (in the US)

7) Because of my debit card troubles, I had to use a credit card that then refused to work because I  don't ever use it and all of a sudden, I'm using it in Canada.  Not normal activity, so everything shuts down (which is a good thing, but not when you're already frustrated)

8) Crossing the border back into the US was hard!!  We had apples and I'm not a very good liar.  If it weren't for Ashley, we would've been there for a few hours.

I"m sure I'm forgetting quite a few things....will update as needed



No comments: